With 115 days to go for Wacken Open Air 2016, here’s what to expect at the 27th edition of the biggest metal festival in the world!
- Iron Maiden brings the Book of Souls tour to the hallowed Wacken festival grounds. Iron Maiden live is always a treat and Iron Maiden at Wacken is always something special!
- Lamb of God’s stage act is what legends are made of. We caught them live at Wacken in 2013 and if that was any indication, 2016 is going to be absolutely devastating!
- The Wacken Metal Battle brings bands from all over the world to compete for a shot at metal glory in the Bullhead City Circus! In the last 3 years, Canada has taken the crown twice with Crimson Shadows (2013) and Vesperia (2015), but will they win again this year? India’s representatives have included Eccentric Pendulum, Zygnema and Plague Throat. Who will represent us this year? So many questions!
- Be prepared to consume copious amounts of alcohol while listening to Mambo Kurt and other cheesy bands perform at the Beer Garden stage!
- No trip to Wacken is complete without a visit to the Full Metal Market – your one-stop shop to everything metal. From leather boots to metal band patches to Wacken tattoos to Viking drinking horns, the Full Metal Market has it all.
Other bands at Wacken Open Air 2016 include Arch Enemy, Parkway Drive, Immolation, Vader, Foreigner, Whitesnake, Marduk and a lot more! Complete lineup on the Band Billing page on the WOA website.
Headbangers India will be at the festival as always – come and say hi and drink a beer with us if you see any of our crew around!