TOTO FUNDS THE ARTS (TFA), in association with Counter Culture Records (CCR), invites entries for the sixth annual TOTO award for young budding musicians and bands. The winner will receive Rs 50,000 (to be used towards your music!) and a three-month consultancy from CCR on how to promote your music.
TFA is looking for entries in contemporary music from all parts of India (bands or individuals). The list of genres extends from rock, jazz, heavy metal, trance, house, instrumental, folk, to any genre which is yet to be “born”. The award is open to music in any language.
Entries will be judged by a panel of three independent jurors, both on your music and your potential as an artist/band. Professional recording quality is not a requirement. Past winners of this award include Myndsnare (2005), Demonic Resurrection (2006), Lounge Piranha (2007), Shefali Alvares (2008) and Another Vertigo Rush (2009).
• The award is open to all Indian nationals resident in India (NRIs not allowed!)
• You must NOT be over 30 as on January 1st, 2010
• The spirit of the TFA Awards is to identify and encourage young talent. Therefore, do not submit an entry if your music has received a commercial contract
• Entries can be in any language
• Originality is a must
Deadline: 24th October, 2009
Application package should include the following:
• 2 CD copies of the music (audio or .wav formats – no MP3). Please label each CD with the name of the artist/band and a contact no. Please also include track names. You can send in between 3-5 tracks.
• A signed statement confirming: (i) the applicants’ date of birth (ii) the names of any previously released singles/CDs (iii) that the submitted work is original.
• Applicant’s contact information, including telephone and cell number, email and postal address.
Applications should be submitted to:
TOTO FUNDS THE ARTS, H 301 Adarsh Gardens, 8th Block, 47th Cross, Jayanagar, Bangalore 560 082, Phone: 080-26548139/9880623357
by courier or ordinary post and NOT by speed post or registered post.
If you have any queries, please contact: [email protected]
The Fine Print:
• Submitted material will not be returned.
• The decision of the TFA jury is final and cannot be contested in any forum.
• The submissions should be 100% original. Copyright issues are the responsibility of the applicant, not TFA.
The organization reserves the right to use your submitted music (if necessary) to publicize the awards either on their website or in any in-house materials. Otherwise, the copyright rests with the musicians and your submission will be put to no other use without your express permission.
Counter Culture Records is an independent music label that actively pursues new sounds and new music and is dedicated to providing a platform for talented artists and bands to release their music, enabling them to reach wider audiences.
For more information, log on to: www.totofundsthearts.blogspot.com