National Institute of Technology, Silchar, Assam proudly presents Thundermarch 2011 – the annual rock fest of NITS.
Come February 2011, NIT Silchar will become the junction of rock-o-centric venues – Guwahati, Shillong, Dimapur, Aizawl, Imphal and Haflong.
There will be two headliners (who will be announced soon) plus a battle of the bands, whose winner will take home prizes worth Rs. 1 lakh! This also includes a cash prize of Rs.50,000.
The winning package also includes:
– A recording deal of 5 songs worth Rs. 50000/- with Music Matters.
– A feature on Headbangers India (hell yeah!)
– A feature of your song in the “The Flaming Skull Podcast” along with an interview of your band on their ezine”.
– Instruments for the best vocalist, best guitarist, best bassist and best drummer.
– Added marketing opportunities which include interviews and features of the winning band through various other mediums(music support portals like MusicBiz Pro, magazines, internet radio, local radio channels, visual media,
So if you think your band has what it takes, go ahead and register! Thundermarch 2011 is open for entries.
Quoting the organizers: “At Thundermarch 2011, we make sure we don’t support what’s second to being the best. We ensure the winner takes it all. This year, we aim to nullify the gap between an awesome playlist and the recognition it deserves, between a stage to perform and a platform to be known for the music.”
Send in entries to [email protected] along with a:
– Band biography
– 2 demo songs
Bands have to arrange for travel on their own. However, food and lodging will be taken care of by the organizers.
The top 15 bands from across the country will be selected based on the demos by a panel of judges. Notifications will be sent to the selected teams by the end of December.
Last date for entries: 5th December 2010
Venue: NIT Silchar, Assam (open air)
Tentative Date of Event: 12th February 2011
Genre: No constraints
For more information, contact:
Jubaraj Baruah (+919954098761)
Join Thundermarch on Facebook – www.facebook.com/thundermarch2011.